Rsktkr at the ITSTactical blog has an excellent article debunking nine classic firearms myths and whoppers.
The 9 Classic Myths
- Caliber Matters
- Firearms Experts
- Dryfiring Damages Weapons
- “I’m a Great Shot”
- “A (insert gun here) isn’t very accurate”
- “I know how to shoot I’m a Police officer, Marine…(Fill in the Blank)”
- “Kneeling/Modern Isosceles/Monica/(insert technique here) isn’t comfortable”
- “I can’t shoot a (insert gun here) because of the grip angle”
- “Guns need to be cleaned every time they are fired”
Read his responses to these myths here. Some of them are quite funny and really quite true.