Professor Jeffrey Welty of the UNC School of Government will be leading a free webinar on Wednesday, March 20th. The webinar is scheduled to run for 75 minutes. The topics include:
- The Second Amendment
- The right to bear arms under North Carolina’s state constitution
- Existing federal and state gun laws
- Proposed gun regulations, including the proposed federal assault weapons ban
- City and county power to regulate guns
- Whether state law enforcement officers may or must enforce federal gun laws
- The legal status of “open carry”
This webinar is open to the public. They have also applied to the State Bar for CLE credits for this webinar.
Equipment requirements are a high-speed Internet connection and Adobe Flash Media Player.
This sounds like a great opportunity if you can make it. I plan to clear my schedule so as to participate in it.
UPDATE: I just signed up. It takes about 3-5 minutes as you have to register for their store and set up a user ID/password. It was not a big deal.