window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || ;
gtag(‘js’, new Date());
SB 7026, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, is up for a third reading by the Florida State Senate. The bill had 151 proposed amendments most of which were either withdrawn or defeated. However, those that were adopted took a bill that was meant to protect students into one with enough nonsensical gun control crap to make it a bill that needs to be defeated.
Miguel at Gunfreezonee.net gives his take on it here.
This alert from Florida Carry outlines the good and the bad. It also includes a call to action on the part of Florida gun owners.
Florida Senate to under 21 voters – “You’re not adult enough to have a gun”
Florida CarryADAMANTLY OPPOSES SB 7026——-We strongly urge members and supporters to IMMEDIATELY send an email to ALL SENATORS listed below!
This bill is a classic example of a fundamentally good bill destroyed by countless amendments.
- Establishes voluntary armed teacher program
- Establishes mental health care program for schools to recognize symptoms
- Creates a government commission and a new state-level department to deal with school safetyBut it also imposes unconstitutional restrictions on Florida citizens.
- Prohibits purchase of ANY firearm by anyone under 21 years of age.
- Imposes a 3-day waiting period on the purchase of ANY firearm with some exceptions.
- Makes possession, sale, etc. of bump-stocks illegal – NO LEGAL DISPOSITION OPTION! OWN ONE – INSTANT FELON!
- Facilitates confiscation of firearms without due process in Baker Act cases.Florida Carry vehemently opposes any and all “compromises” which REMOVE rights from law-abiding citizens.
CONTACT ALL FLORIDA SENATORS
Copy/paste the email addresses below into your email client.Please ensure you include the following subject line –“Oppose SB 7026 – Public Safety”
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org