Sen. Dan Kotowski (D-Park Ridge) is now pushing SB 1002 which would ban magazines over 10 round capacity. A “special” feature of this bill are large fines and prison time for possession of standard capacity magazines for AR-15s and other modern sporting rifles.
The ISRA Alert on this bill is below. Please notice their warning in the last paragraph. It seems Sen. Kotowski has no problem using the Illinois State Police as his private storm troopers to stifle dissent.
URGENT ALERT YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
MAGAZINE BAN ON THE MOVE IN THE ILLINOIS SENATE
Anti-gun extremist State Senator Dan Kotowski has introduced a ban on all magazines having a capacity exceeding 10 rounds. The bill (SB1002) banning magazines also requires large fines and prison sentences if you are caught with magazines for AR-15 and other modern sporting rifles.
SB1002 IS A BOLD AND BRAZEN ATTACK ON THE 2ND AMENDMENT:
1. SB1002 will have no effect on the criminal use of firearms yet will infringe on the right of law-abiding citizens constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
2. SB1002 is a backdoor way to limit your ability to defend yourself and family under the upcoming Illinois concealed carry law.
3. SB1002 is the first step towards the banning of semiautomatic rifles, pistols and shotguns.
BLOOMBERG AND THE GUN GRABBERS WILL PUSH HARD TO GET SB1002 PASSED
Magazine bans are on the top of gun controllers wish list this year. They want to see Illinois join with the likes of New York, Maryland, California, and now Colorado in the destruction of the 2nd Amendment.
ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO STOP SB1002. ACT NOW OR LOSE ANOTHER CHUNK OF YOUR GUN RIGHTS!
Here is what you need to do to stop SB1002:
1. Call your State Senator and politely tell the person who answers the phone that you are a law-abiding Illinois firearm owner and that you oppose SB1002 and you expect the Senator to vote against the bill when it comes to the floor. If you do not know who your State Senator is, the Illinois State Board of Elections has an interactive search page here:
If you already know who your State Senator is and just need the contact info, you can find that here: www.ilga.gov/senate/.
2. When you call your Senators office, you may hear all kinds of nonsense about how SB1002 will not affect law-abiding gun owners. Politely tell the person that you are not interested in hearing that, you are only interested in seeing SB1002 defeated.
3. Pass this alert on to your friends and family and tell them to make calls as well.
4. Post this alert to any and all Internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you may belong.
5. Help keep ISRA on the frontlines of this fight for your rights, go the extra mile and recruit a new ISRA member. Sign them up over the phone at 815-635-3198, or browse to isra.org/join .
SPECIAL NOTICE: DO NOT call Senator Kotowski unless he is your Senator, and even then be very careful. Kotowski has a track record of having the State Police investigate and harass people that disagree with him.